Thursday, August 03, 2006

Tanya's (Qld) in Bali

Tanya (Qld) arrived in Bali last night. She will spend 6 months in Bali serving as a volunteer with GKPB.

Tanya arrived on August 2nd and is already writing about her experience:

Just a small note to let you all know that I got here fine. The sound of tut, tut, and beep, beep everywhere, and well I remember the traffic. Will write more soon. I was awake at 5am this morning and already busy!!

(Also, from her blogsite rosetiger77.blogspot.com):

Well it has been two years since I was last in Bali, and it has been a long two years, full of study!! But finally, I'm on my way to Bali. I can't wait!!

So what am I doing? I will be working with Domestic Violence and Women's Rights, I will be preaching every Sunday, running a weekly bible study, and Chaplaincy with the School. I will be living at the Hotel I visited when I was there last time, but staying in one of the Guest Houses. So that will be fun, living in a Hotel for 6 months!! I will return to Australia in January next year, so I will be having my Birthday and Christmas in Bali!!

(for information about People in Mission, contact Kathy Periera, People in Mission Coordinator, Ph 02 8267 4230, kathyp@nat.uca.org.au)