Saturday, August 12, 2006

Tanya (Qld) - bigtang and rice

Tanya (Qld) has recently arrived in Bali:

After two years I have made it back to Bali, and I'm loving it!! Everything is as I remember, the sound of tut tut, beep beep and still going strong!!

So far I have spent time at the school and had a great time with the kids. I met some people from Oz at the Dhyana Pura hotel, and some old friends. It has been great seeing people again!! I'm teaching English at the hotel for the staff.

We met the Legian church people (English speaking congregation) and they are all great. We heard some of their stories. It hits home how easy we have it in Australia when you hear about people who can't tell that they are Christian because they fear they may be killed. Man, that is huge!!

I'm having a great time and drinking lots of Bigtang and eating lots of rice!!

For more information about People in Mission, contact Kathy Periera, People in Mission Coordinator, Ph 02 8267 4230, kathyp@nat.uca.org.au